Sunday, September 18, 2011

My DyslexiaMy Dyslexia by Philip Schultz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is an interesting look into the life of a dyslexic. Philip Schultz talks about his life as he was growing up as a child with an undiagnosed learning disability. He described how it felt to be bullied and made fun of by other students because of his inability to learn to read. And he described his determination to learn to cope and overcome his dyslexia. It was interesting to me to learn that how much more there is to dyslexia besides difficulty reading such as difficulty telling time on an anaolog clock, doing math, or following directions. As a mother of a dyslexic child I found it interesting viewing life from this perspective. It definitely gives a glimpse into their view of life and the difficulties they have to deal with. I would recommend this book for anyone that has a loved one with a learning disability.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...