Sunday, May 13, 2012

Reading Is Fun Week

The second full week of May is designated as reading is fun week by Reading is Fundamental Literacy organization. When my girls were little and just learning to read we would find books to read together. This was a great way to spend time together and instilled in them a love of books. One of the main sets of books that really got them intersted was

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

And of course we continued to read the rest of the series and discuss them as they got older.

All of us have our favorite reads we remember from our own childhoods. Such as Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys. I also remember The Wizard of Oz as well as The Three Investigators Series What books do you remember from your childhood that you share now with your children?

2 comments:

  1. My daughter isn't quite 4, so I can't share my absolute favorite which was the Chronicles of Narnia books. I do get to share Dr. Seuss though, and I have a collection of these Mickey Mouse books that teach shapes and the alphabet I purchase through ebay because I wanted to share those with her.

    She'll have to get a little older though, of course, but no hurry! She grows up fast enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia as well as Dr. Seuss. I read alot of Dr. Seuss to my granddaughter who is 2. And yes they do grow up entirely too fast. My granddaughter loves Mickey Mouse but we don't have those books, I shall have try and find some of them.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...