Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas CarolA Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A Chistmas Carol is my favorite Christmas book of all time and I try to read it every year. We are all familiar with this story. Mr. Dickens really started something with his story. Its been made into many t.v. and movie versions from the classic with George C. Scott, I love the version with the Muppets, and alternate stories such as The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

We see Mr. Scrooge go from the money grubbing miser to being transformed by the Spirits of Christmas in this classic story. But the wonderment of it all never gets old. I love seeing how Christmas is celebrated in different ways even those that worked in the mines or out on ships. Those that have little and those that have alot still enjoyed the time with their families and felt good cheer.

Its a wonderful classic that easy to enjoy. And if you have never read it and only enjoyed the movies you should take the time to read this one. Its my favorite classic and my favorite Christmas story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...