Friday, March 22, 2013

Identity

Identity (Eyes Wide Open, #1)Identity by Ted Dekker

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I got this book as a free kindle read and I have some mixed feelings about this book so I might stretch this up to 3.5 stars. It was definitely entertaining. I thought it was a quick read and a definite page turner. I kept wanting to know what was happening next. And its a cliff hanger being the first of four short books in a series.

Christy and Austin have a semi-romantic relationship and they have been spending time in an old storage room of a hospital. Christy goes in search of a missing locket and finds herself trapped in the psych ward. Austin goes looking for her and ends up trapped too.

And while this story is definitely entertaining, its definitely not plausible. There's to many variables that just don't fit with reality. But, since its fiction, I guess that's allowed. Its an interesting coincidence that both Chrisy and Austin are both orphans, but then there's the question of her trust fund. She had ties to someone or it wouldn't be there. Are there no friends that would miss them? College students usually have friends that would notice if they disappeared. There are other such questions, but I don't want to add spoilers so I shall say no more.

If you like psychological thrillers, then this isn't a bad read. Just be prepared for not finding everything as you think it would be in the real world. I'm definitely iterested in continuing the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...