Friday, April 19, 2013

Splintered

SplinteredSplintered by A.G. Howard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If you enjoy all things Alice in Wonderland then this is one for you. If you love new twists on old fairytales, then you will definitely like this one. Author AG Howard gives an updated twist on a much loved fairy tale and she does an awesome job.

Alyssa's life is turmoil: her mom is in a psychiatric instituion soon to get shock, she herself hears the whisperings of bugs and flowers, and her secret crush has another girlfriend. Finding herself pulled through the looking glass she inadvertently brings her love with her and they find themselves in Wonderland.

Wonderland is a dark and magical place, full of talking plants as well as animals. And things here are never as they seem. Just when you think you have things figured out there is another twist in the story. As with most YA books, there is the ever prevalent love triangle. And I can see why Alyssa would be pulled in two different directions even if I don't always like her choices. I had a hard time deciding if this truly is a YA because it leans more toward New Adult. Although there are no sex scenes there are some pretty steamy parts.

I definitely enjoyed this read even though it really didn't end the way I would have wanted it to. I love new twists on fairytales and this one definitely fit the bill. Not to mention, the cover alone is enough to make you want to pick this one up.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...