Saturday, March 1, 2014

Looking for the Inklings

Looking for the King (Inklings, #1)Looking for the King by David C. Downing

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Tom McCord and Laura Hartman have both ventured to England where they meet and find they have similar interests. Both are searching historical sights, Laura in search of answers for re-occurring dreams, Tom is writing a book. They seek out the aid of some very famous authors who help them get the answers they are looking for.

I really wanted to like this book. I love historical fiction and some of my favorite authors are included in it. But I can't say that I particularly enjoyed it. In the blurb it seems that Tom is searching for clues to King Author. But that doesn't turn out to be the King that is really discussed. Its very Christian/religious oriented, not that there is anything wrong with that. It just wasn't what I was expecting nor my cup of tea. I ended up skipping several passages because they really didn't pertain to the story. It felt like I was being preached to about having faith.

If you enjoy religious fiction with a bit of a mystery than this is the book for you. The writers being written about remind you that there is still great writing in the world and this book can't even come close to them. Overall, not a bad story but its lucky to get 3 stars from me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...