Friday, May 2, 2014

Triangles

TrianglesTriangles by Ellen Hopkins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When I first opened this book my first thought was "Oh my god! Its written in poetry" and almost put it back down. I'm happy to say this is not the case. It does appear that was, but not everything is how it seems.

This is the story of three women, two are sisters and the other is a friend. Each has their own issues and crises to deal with and all are intertwined. One is having a mid life crises and is unhappy with her long term marriage. The other is divorced and looking for love again. And the other has a child who was born with a terminal illness and an unfaithful husband. All three characters have powerful stories that touch your heart.

I read this long book in a day and half because I simply could not stop reading it. Once I started I immediately wished that I hadn't put off reading it to begin with. I was drawn in to the lives of these women and my heart was torn out along with theirs and lifted up when they were. I cried along with them through their crises. Its not often a book makes me cry but this one touched my heart.

LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! If there is one book that you read this year it should be this one. Don't put it off for later. I wish that I hadn't.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...